We recently teamed up with Lauren Conrad to create to simple, delicious dishes for readers to create at home for the holidays. Our menu featured a few of our favorite classics updated with unique flavors and ingredients. A delicious maple bourbon glazed turkey, spinach gruyere pretzel stuffing, grilled corn spoonbread and a tuscan kale salad with apples, pecans and white cheddar. You can find the full recipes here and here.
We were so thrilled to have been asked to cater this year’s FOX Emmy’s Media Center! UP was on hand making sure the media and winners were happy and full throughout the day. Keeping in mind that food needed to be accessible and easy to eat we created a menu of grab and go items placed on unique setups throughout 8 event spaces. It was a blast working on such a high energy event with an amazing group of vendors. Photos by Scott Clark.
We love when our corporate clients think outside the box! UP teamed up with the incredible Savvy Events to help bring Burnham Benefits 20 Year Anniversary to life. They recently expanded their beautiful Irvine office and wanted to highlight the spaces throughout. To do this, we created four unique stations to be placed throughout the space, giving their guests a walking and eating tour of the new additions. Images below by Troy Grover Photography.
Urban Palate recently had the pleasure of collaborating with bohemian designer and blogger Justina Blakeney, in celebration of her book release, The New Bohemians.
The event was held at the beautiful Hotel Figueroa — an ideal setting for Justina’s outdoor Boho Bash!
We were thrilled to bring the boho vibes to life alongside One Kings Lane, photographer Amanda Vanvels, designer Eva Franco, as well as to be in the mix alongside Justina’s creative circle of family and friends!
One of our favorite projects at UP is sending out yummy curated gifts to friends and collaborators. This spring we put together a basket filled with the essentials – bread, cheese, charcuterie in a jar, honey infused with lavender and rosemary, and of course wine in a can! Joanne Pio and Esther Lee captured these amazing photos of the process. Final photo by Urban Palate.
Wedding season is in full swing around here and this gorgeous event has us excited for more. Designed and coordinated by Kristin of Esoteric Events at the beautiful Malibu Rocky Oaks Estate. This breathtaking location is one of our favorites. Check out all of the stunning images captured by Esther Lee.
So excited to share another beautiful event we worked on with Nancy Park of So Happi Together! Nancy invited her nearest and dearest to the Unique Space in Downtown LA to celebrate her son’s first birthday. She designed the space to feel masculine yet still very pretty and the results were spot on. Check out all the gorgeous images and read more about Nancy’s process on Inspired by This.
We are so excited to see the stunning wedding of Laura and Rob up on Style Me Pretty today! This was one seriously beautiful event designed and coordinated by Nancy Park of So Happi Together. The celebration was full of ethereal pastel touches and set against the naturally gorgeous backdrop of Saddlerock ranch. Caroline Tran captured all of the picture perfect details below!
Firefly Events has re-launched in LA! One of our fave NY planners has finally come back to the west coast and we had so much fun being a part of their amazing opening at the Unique Space. Stunning florals by Putnam & Putnam, some of the best party tunes we’ve heard from Elan Artists (they even had a boy band!), and delicious drinks from the Cocktail Academy. Check out all the gorgeous details from Scott Clark photography below.
A lovely little breakfast that we cooked up with Whitney Port for valentines day (or any day for that matter!) A delicious chia seed parfait, banana bread french toast hearts, and an italian scramble. Scroll down for the recipes and enjoy! Styling by JL designs and photos by Marble Rye.
1 cup of greek yogurt mixed with chocolate covered chia seeds
1 cup of greek yogurt mixed with fresh raspberries (kind of smashed to achieve pink color)
1pt. of blueberries
1 pt of strawberries (sliced)
1 cup of oats
½ cup granola
– First layer blueberries
– Second layer chia seeds with yogurt
– Third layer oats
– Fourth layer stawberries (very thin layer of sliced strawberries)
– Fill almost to the rim with the raspberry yogurt
– Top loosely with granola, blueberries, and raspberries
1 loaf banana bread (purchase from your favorite café or use your favorite recipe)
½ cup chocolate chips
2 tbsp of butter
1/3 cup milk
1 cup of maple syrup
1/3 cup bourbon
1 cup walnuts
Loaf of banana bread cut horizontally into 4 pieces (so they are large enough to cut a heart out of)
– Cut out heart shapes using cookie cutter
– Beat two eggs and 1/3 cup milk
– Dip banana bread into egg/milk mixture
– Cook in a pan with 2 tbsp of butter
– Flip once the bottom side is golden brown
Maple Bourbon Syrup
– Heat 1 cup of maple syrup and 1/3 cup of good quality bourbon together in a sauce pan. Careful! Bourbon may light up!
– Combine for about 2 minutes, turn off flame and get ready to top French toast.
– Roast 2 cups of walnuts in the oven on a baking sheet for 5 minutes at 350 degrees
Assembly: put the French toast on the plate top with chocolate chips, sliced banana, walnuts and bourbon syrup!
1 pt. cherry tomato
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup arugula
1 chicken Italian sausage
1 tbsp butter
1/3 cup pecorino, shaved plus a little for garnish
Salt + pepper to taste
– Take 1 pt. of cherry tomatoes. Wash and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper and roast in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown and begin to burst. (this can be done the day before)
– Take 1 chicken Italian sausage out of the casing and crumble into pan. Cook over medium heat.
– Crack 4 eggs and whip.
– In a small non – stick skillet, melt butter and add the eggs then the sausage, arugula (1/3 cup), and cherry tomatoes. Scramble eggs for about 30 seconds, then add 1/3 cup of shaved pecorino.
– Once eggs are cooked, remove from heat. Plate the eggs. Top them off with shaved pecorino and some sprigs of arugula.